Youth Empowerment Scholarships
Planning for Life
While there are several programs available to help underprivileged youth get up to speed, there are few that cater to the exceptional student-athlete with the passion, drive and potential to be special. DRIVE will develop customized “Life” plans through a collaborative efforts with teachers, coaches, and parents, designed to make a significant impact in all areas of a youth’s life. Whatever is needed, DRIVE will work to fill those voids to provide an unparalleled opportunity for this youth.
- Planning a future both on and off the court
- Integration with core school activities, like tutoring and mentoring
- Comprehensive skill development and performance training to help individuals excel at the highest level for specific stages of the basketball season
- Integration with enrichment activities, like mindfulness
- Mike Lee, Vice President, Program Director – Skill Development
- Steve Becker, Program Director – Strength & Conditioning
- Rainer Meisterjahn, Mental Skills Training
- Participants will be selected by the DRIVE team through referrals from teachers and coaches, as well as individual applications
Schedule and duration of the scholarship
- Scholarships will be awarded on a 12-month basis with review from the DRIVE team, which has the sole option to renew the scholarship for another 12 months.
- Schedule will be customized to make the maximum impact on the participant.