TEAM / Staff
Hopes, Aspirations, Vision for DRIVE
I’ve seen firsthand the devastation that comes from watching youth struggle with issues such as abandonment, addiction, unhealthy relationships, mental illness, incarceration and domestic violence. The challenge and turmoil these situations cause create a ripple effect in our communities.
I’ve also seen what caring and stable relationships inside of a positive environment can do for these kids – helping them feel safe and loved and connecting them to the learning and life skills necessary to recover from damaging experiences. Ultimately, they learn how to make healthy choices and thrive.
DRIVE is that hope. Our team is determined to go beyond a focus of athletic ability. We work to do everything we can to be a safe force for change, encourage healthy thinking, uncover new opportunities, and make a significant impact in the lives of these individuals.
Over the past year, I’ve had the privilege to collaborate with co-founders Mike and Steve – two very talented, determined, and humble guys. We’ve worked to reframe the entire way we look at truly helping at-risk youth in Milwaukee and implemented a new model, allowing us to focus on the individual for the long haul.
While this may sound ‘simple’, it’s not. We’ve got a lot of work to do. It serves as a call-to-action to bring all of our resources to bear for these kids. We ask coaches and other community forces for their trust, commitment, partnership, and hard work. To work side-by-side with us, collaboratively, to gain a broader perspective on a student-athlete’s lifestyle – from the school they learn in, to the neighborhood they live in, to the family they go home to.
We’ve come a long way but we still have so much to do. I’d like to expand our reach in Milwaukee. I want to develop a model that can be used by at-risk youth in other sports and categories. Most of all, I wish to increase the number of kids that we can help.
Role at DRIVE
- Work with startup team to define strategic vision and direction for organization, branding, and business strategy, and ensure that they are upheld
- Provide board leadership alongside Mike Lee and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board
Responsible for growth of DRIVE brand – Setting the strategic direction, identifying opportunities, and positioning organization for sustainable growth
- Lead all brand and business development efforts
- Focus on growing a sustainable, diversified funding base that will include gifts from individual, corporate, foundation, local and state sources while establishing sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations
- 9+ years managing and leading integrated business and marketing needs for B2C, B2B and non-profit entities
- A solid reputation for elevating the role that factors such as design, brand, and experience play in business
- Proven track record of establishing and growing high-profile relationships
- Repeatedly recognized for top performance through promotions and selections for high-priority initiatives
- Broad background working with nonprofits and nonprofit clients such as DRIVE, Smoke-Free Wisconsin, Wisconsin Department of Transportation (DOT), Wisconsin Department of Health & Family Services (DHFS), Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Control Program (TPCP), and Wisconsin Women’s Health Foundation
- Past and present participation in mindfulness-based programs to enhance her personal practice and connect her to people and tools that will help communicate this experience to DRIVE participants. She believes mindfulness is the key to creating opportunities for change and growth. Her mindfulness practice is the sole reason for her career transition and the birth of DRIVE
- A genuine enthusiasm for helping DRIVE grow and succeed